"Extreme" Coupon Question... Part 1.

So, I've been introduced in to the "extreme coupon" world. And I would LOVE to figure out how to master this! BUT, here's my issue more than any other - HOW do you keep organized? I have tried to use coupons in the past, and have always just given up because I either spend 3x more so that I could use the coupons or I was so unorganized that by the time I made it to the store I had a migraine and just wanted out... So I gave up. Is there any way to actually stay organized?

I've tried those little coupon organizers but I always got confused on what section things should go in, where to put things that didn't fit anywhere else and lost lots of coupons to expiration dates...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you watch the shows, the women tend to use things like large zippered binders with inserts for baseball cards.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I've never actually seen the show, I don't get TLC, I've just seen them on shows like Rachel Ray and GMA.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have one of those little coupon holders also and I find that if I set it up by aisle to the store I shop in, then I do okay. You can also have a little book in which you have your list and put a C next to an item so you know you have a coupon for it. While in the store remember that couponing takes time. You have to match your coupon and your purchase. If you shop at different grocery stores then you would do better to keep a grocery list and the C next to your items. Or you can get a book with inserts, like for pictures or baseball cards, and keep your coupons that way.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Either a binder or a Site like a full cup can be helpful.  People will post the deals for a store and tell you where the coupon came from that they are using. They also have searchable data base for printables.

I am not sure how you are getting your coupons but you don't have to clip a ton and organize them in a binder another option is a couple of file folders that you put the entire instert into.  If you find a deal that you want to do you go to that file folder clip them out. That way you are just going to bring to the store what you plan on using.

How extreme are you going? meaning are you buying coupons or whole insterts or getting coupons from other people?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Right now I don't use them at all... I just can't figure it out. But I WANT to. I just figure if I can start small, I'll get to big.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Too start small I would prob just would keep the whole inserts. When you are looking at the ad for the store flip through them and cut out what you need.  That way you are not clipping a ton and you are only bringing to the store what you need and will use.

As far as organize them. If you are dealing on a small scale go by department it usually makes it easier for me anyway.  When I am at the store when the product goes in the cart the coupon goes in the front in a compartment so when I get to the checkout I have all the coupons that I am using put together and ready.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I use a zippered binder with baseball card protectors and plastic dividers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011