Trying to figure out what vitamins I can/should take on top of my prenatal vitamins while nursing?

I keep hearing about Fish Oil (Omega 3's) and Glucosamine Chondrotin? I'm wondering about taking Calcium and Vitamin D. I'm recently new to healthy living and trying to add some supplements that will really benefit a whole-grain/fiber diet and intermediate exercise regimen. Really, I just wasn't sure if I'd be overdoing it if I added something on top of a prenatal.

I know that vitamins are really kind of a personal venture (different vitamins benefit different things in people), just wondering what others are doing or can suggest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Health

• You actually should never add a vitamin suppliment unless ur dr. said to, vitamins are stored in ur liver and if you don't need them it could cause toxicity
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Drink milk for calcium and Vit D or go into the sun for vit D. Iron is important. They will try to get you to give a BF baby supplements for iron. I have never been successful at giving it so i make sure I take iron
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008