I'm so dizzy...What do you other pregnant ladies with babies do for it?

My son is 11 mos. old and I am 5 mos. pregnant. Yes, we did it on purpose, btw :) We want our kids close together :)
Anywho, I woke up this morning so dizzy I could harhly get out of bed, but I did. Got my son's breakfast ready, got him up, changed him, fed him and played with him. He is now down for his morning nap, and I am scouring the internet for a dizziness solution that doesn't involve drugs. I WILL NOT take any drugs except tylenol during pregnancy. I don't care what anybody tells me is safe for pregnant women. Last year, my doctor tried to get me on zoloft while I was pregnant with my son. Have you seen the commercials about it causing birth defects that have been on TV lately? I shudder to think that could have been me and my baby.... What do you other moms do when you are so dizzy you literally throw up three times while feeding your son breakfast?

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Lay flat on your back and put your feet up--it will rush the blood back to your head. Also, if you put a little bit of writing gel under your tongue it can help :) Also, make sure you are getting enough fluids, because it can be from dehydration.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i have a 18 months old, and we are expecting our second-planned also :). normally if i am down for the count in the mornings while my husband is out i will take her into the living with me and lay on my left side, and let her play, or even snack a little bit, kids are also sensitvie to how you feel so dont be suprised if your lil boy will be a lil clingy to you, he doesnt understand and just wants to comfort.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Typically, I try to eat something and I sit with my feet up. I also make it a point to drink lots of water. Usually, the dizziness passes once I'm fed and hydrated. Until then, sit so you don't fall.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011