Baby Apnea and monitor.

If anyone had a child on this monitor, how long was your child on it for? My daughter 4 months now has been on it since 1 month. She has a severe formula allergy and severe reflux.

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was diagnosed with infant apnea at 2 days old. She had central apnea meaning it occured in her brain. She was on the monitor for 6 months, but is now 3. I am staring to think she still has it and has an appt to be seen.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• They told me my daughter has sleep apnea...they did a ph test and it showed then...they think her reflux and her allergy to the "main" formulas causes her apnea...she now drinks elecare
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• They did that test on my daughter too. She did have mild reflux, but they determined after some time that it was central. Apnea is so scary. My DD literally slept on me for 6 months just so I could get to her fast if the monitor went off (which did 6 to 7 times a night) hopefully the formula helps your little one. Do they have her on reflux meds as well?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes 3 different reflux meds, and a asthma inhaler...
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh boy. Well hopefully they will all help her out. She should hopefully grow out of it. My DD was on two different reflux meds. They made her so crabby. I hated them.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I hope she does grow out of it...it really sucks
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011