Confussion...

hey ladies.. alright so I had a miscarriage a week ago today. I called the doctor that I visited the on monday and I was informed that my pregnancy numbers are still there.. and that my cervix was closed at the apt... I have been throwing up every day for the past 4 days.. I have heartburn like crazy.. Im constipated. my boobs are jiggly... and the nips are sore.and i have this god awful taste in my mouth at all times.. and bleeding gums.. is this normal with miscariages or  is there a way it was a twin??? they are calling me back soon with my next apt.. this is so weird.. id be 3 weeks today.. is there a way they could pick up anything in there at this stage???

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How did they know you had a miscarriage?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i was takin to the er with really heavy bleeding and clots.. they ran a pregnancy test and it said positive.. i was 2-2.5 week pregnant and the internal ultra sound told them that i had miscarried it makes no since.. they kept me a few hour and checked my blood again. and it went from 309.7 down to 277... they told me i lost it... im so confussed.. the doc said it hasnt gone down anymore.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• if the drs think that could be the case, why wouldn't they have you come in asap...just incase.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had a miscarage a about 2 years ago and after I had alot of the symptoms you are talking about...about 2 weeks later I had a second miscarage because it was twins...it is incredably rare for one twin to survive if you miscarie the first especially that early in pregnancy..have them do another ultra sound to be sure...another option is your body isn't excepting the fact that you aren't pregnant any more like some women who are trying to get pregnant can have phantom pregnancies...good luck hun I am so sorry you are going through this...I know its confusion and stressfull and it hurts just hang in there
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Idk. i have had so much hell with these guys the past few week since this all started... I have no insurance so i have to see who the er sends me too... i know it all sounds crazy and i seem loony but im getting nothing.. idk whats going on
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That early, there wouldn't have been much to see on US. You usually can't see an actual baby until around 6 weeks. Before then, they see other things that cue them into the pregnancy, but no baby yet. I had pretty severe bleeding with my first that was diagnosed as a subchorionic hemorrhage. (Bleeding that is outside the placenta, but within the uterus.) They had me come back a few times to verify that the baby was okay because at the time, they could only see the yolk sac, but no baby yet. So, bleeding in and of itself is not entirely indicative of a miscarriage. As for the lab work, if they were giving you IV fluids between the blood draws, that could have diluted your blood enough for a discrepancy in hcg levels. I'd want them to recheck a day or two after, anyway. If you are paying out of pocket for an ultrasound, I'd wait another week or so to make sure they have something to see.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Also, if you don't have insurance, you can apply for Medicaid. If you are approved, they can make it active retroactively for 3 months, so the cost of all the early stuff will still be covered. You can just let the doctor know you are pending Medicaid approval. They may still want you to pay something ($100 or so) but will reimburse you that when you're approved. Don't let not having insurance coverage keep you from getting the care you need.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• they werent giving me fluids.. they were real rude to me.. i live in georgia and evidently they lost the southern hospitality somewhere. I dont have to pay out of pocket i just need the docs to get together and decide if im pregnant or not so medicade can help with the bills. just until my work insurance starts in JULY
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You may need to consider driving a few extra miles to a different hospital. Second opinions are always a safe route.
    Anonymous

• i live in an area where this is the only thing.. im tryin to get into the ob i had when i was pregnant with my son.. but they dont have openings for a while.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011