How would you explain why it is we pray to your children?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 11:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• For the same reason children write letters to Santa Clause. It's about faith and believing that there's something magical out there that can make things happen for you. Relate it to Santa or something else they don't see but still believe in...that's how I described it to my kids and they seemed to get it. They pray all the time now...as a matter of fact, they remind ME to pray before meals lol.
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 11:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I told my 4-year-old DD that is how we talk to Jesus. I had to explain that even though we do not "see" Jesus, he is in heaven and he listens to what we say to him. She says her prayers nightly and always thanks him for (everything) and usually tells him to tell her KIKI hello. It's sweet. SHe credits Jesus with making everything -- self included.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• To have a closer relationship with Jesus....my daughter goes to church with us or her grandmother every week so she knows who Jesus is....she prays every meal and at night...I've never had to explain it to her =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• "to talk to God"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had no idea you've been praying to my children!

J/K, I would just explain prayer as the way that people communicate with the deity they believe in.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• We don't pray, we don't believe in any God, thus I dont' need to explain Prayers to them
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It's a conversation with our Heavenly Father. My kids understand it :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• We don't pray in our house. Life is what it is.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I've thought about it and, you'll be happy to know, I've decided that I better not go there!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't have to explain it. Prayer is an everyday part of our life. It is as normal as eating and breathing to my child.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011