School fundraisers

Just curious, has your child(ren) ever sold the maximum number of items to get all the prizes? I'm just curious if it's ever happened to anyone. I have my doubts, LOL.

Mine is just in a preschool age class, but he attends an elementary school and they're doing their fundraisers now, which is why I'm putting my question here.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The most we have ever sold was enough to win our 9 yr old a trip to Chuck E Cheese in a limo. I don't remember how many pieces it was but my husband busted his butt at work selling stuff. That was a couple years ago. With the economy now, nobody is buying anything.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Im starting to really hate the kid's coming to the door hocking all kinds of fundraiser crap. I am wondering if the schools are forcing kid's to do this. My kid's went to school in the early 90's and only occasionally did they need to sell fundraiser candy for trips. Why does it seem every grade school is hocking something all year long?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think it was mostly the parents that were competitive and into it,the kids did not care. Parents sometimes push their kids too hard!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I hate fundraisers. I donate to the PTO instead of harrassing my friends.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't let mine do the fundraisers. I hate the fundraisers, way too much competitive. My SIL said she just sends a donation to the school, which is what I will be doing for every fundraiser from now on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sometimes we do them, mostly we don't though. The only time my daughter got a big prize was for selling girl scout cookies. We kicked butt last year, but it was so exhausting and consuming that we are never doing that again.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have no idea
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I hate fundraisers
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• vbruno: The kids are not allowed to go door to door around here. It even says on the fundraiser packet that they are not to do this.

To everyone else: I personally don't care if mine does it or not, I definitely would not force him. I did bring it to work and just laid it out in the breakroom and if anyone wanted to order something, they could, but if not, no biggie. So no forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to do. I got a few orders, but it would have been ok too if there had been no orders either.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well, the fundraiser I was doing is done. Out of 11 (?) orders, 3 didn't pay. Bah. Yep, I'm done, not going to do them anymore. I can see now why you ladies don't like to do it.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2011