3 year old with a paci?

am i the only one who thinks this is a bit too old?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it is too old. My oldest, now 8, had one until he was 3 1/2. He just wouldnt give it up and I thought maybe I would just let him have it until he was tired of it. I finally had to take it away one day and that was that. (he only had it at night, not all day or in public). My middle son was 15 months when he was done with it, and my youngest who just turned 2 uses one when he sleeps. His time is coming at the end of this month, LOL!
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• no, I think it is too old as well. They have a full mouth of teeth and it isn't good for them.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think it's way too old. My daughter was a year and a half when she got off of hers and I thought that was too old.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Most kids give it up on their own by 5 anyway. It isn't too old for some.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know a lot of parents who are very judgmental towards other parents when it comes to age and paci, thumb sucking, potty training, blanket carrying....

One of my children had a paci.. He was just getting off of it a little over age 2 and then he broke a bone! So back to the paci for another 6 months. We didn't worry about the paci anymore because it helped him through this difficult, painful time. He is 9 now and does not take a paci. If you had met my son, you would have said the same perhaps because he was 3 with a paci.

So, my point is you never know people's circumstances. Why worry about their kids and whether or not the child is using a paci past age 1 or 2? How does it affect you that you have to be concerned for the child?

My pediatrician has the best advice for parents who worry about age and habits..."Don't worry," he says, "I have yet to see a kid go to college with his paci or in pull ups!" LOL
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• oh no your not the only one mommas, that is way to old. the child is walking running and talking well at this point they should not have a pacifier at this point not even to go to sleep
    Chunky_Dynamic

Answer by Chunky_Dynamic at 12:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My kids didn't have a pacifer. I personally don't like them but it is a parent's choice. I think 3 is a bit old.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• oh i know the circumstance, it's my nephew....he stays with my mother in law and she is just too lazy to get off her fat ass and take care of him, so she shoves a paci in his mouth and he's still in diapers so..... it's just laziness on their part, i'm not saying all parents are lazy if their child has a paci just that particular situation
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well, a 3 y/o with a paci and in diapers is also common and not out of sorts. However, if she is also negligent in other aspects, then, I would call her a bad mom. A 3 y/o with a paci and diaper is just that, not necessarily lazy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• no, it's my mother in law....she's just lazy lol that's why she WILL NEVER keep eithr of my kids for extended periods of time idc if she's their grandmother or not, they'd go to preschool first
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011