Are your teens scared to go to college?

I was afraid of the coursework in college. I heard how hard it was and wondered if I could do it.
I've noticed some kids expressing this fear to their parents. Some kids actually failed classes to stay in high school.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in

• My kid's were nervous about Dorm life, but adjusted really well once there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, my kids were not afraid. Neither was I or any of my friends. We were super excited to start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No...My 14 yr old is actually in the application process to an accelerated high school in which he will graduate with an associates degree. He sees how much I love school and is very excited about going to college.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My actual kids are 4 and 2. However my other 'kids' are 16 and 13 (I raised my sisters until I moved out). My 16 year old was scared to death of college but my mother was pushing it. So I took her into the local community college to let her get a feel for it, explained everything to her, and her fears went away. So she applied!!! I am so proud of her.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011