Why should parents cooperate when they don't like each other?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 11:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• For the sake of their children. In the best interest of the child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• For the sake of their children it's necessary.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• To make it easier for the children...nobody wants to be stuck in the middle of two people who are constantly going at each other's throats
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree. The only ones who suffer are the kids. How is that good for them, mentally, emotionally?

Doesnt mean u gotta be best friends, buddies, neighbors, or chat it up on the phone before bed (between you two)... just respectful to the other around the children.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I cooperate as much as our court order says I have to. I cant stand my ex. I can nice him to death and still want to go home and punch something. But like I said, I nice him to death in front of my son because I dont want my son to think I am a complete bitch, and I dont want him to think I hate his dad. That is bad for a childs self esteem since they derive it from both parents. If one parent is hating the other half it sends a bad message. Anyway when they get older they do see the "bad guy" plain as day. I have 3 kids from my first marriage who are grown, and believe me when I say I never had to badmouth their dad. They are grown and see him for everything he is.
    So be good for the kids sake. They do grow up and they arent stupid.

Answer by gemgem at 11:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't try to make my kids to choose between he and I. They love us both and I would only look like a fool if I badmouthed their dad. It makes it easier in the long run. Their dad doesn't talk bad about me either.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• For your kids they are really the one who suffers !
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011