Is it fair to get pregnant when you know you'll have a micro preemie?

In my situation.. I had my baby at 26 weeks. We had a rough time, he was in the hospital for two months. He's now 1 and 1/2 and has absolutely no problems from being born early. Would it be fair to him if I had another baby? I have about a 70% chance of delivering early if I do get pregnant. The hospital is 90 minutes away. I wouldn't be able to bring him to the NICU (against rules). And I couldn't drive there everyday. I'm terrified of having another premature baby, but I desperately want another baby. I know there are plenty of kids who need adopted and I would like to do that later as well. I just don't know if I'm willing to take the chance to finally have my normal pregnancy, bfing, etc experience. And would it be fair to my son? It would be so stressful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• have oyur baby.... if yu think you are ready for that and your family is then have your baby.
    Anonymous

• yes, nothing good in life comes easy =) (well almost nothing!!)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I think it would be ok. This time you know there is the chance you can have the baby early. so this time make sure you get plenty of bed rest and water and no stress. Just anything you can do to try to keep him/her in there longer.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Its up to you and what you want.

We dont count in your life, lol

But my advice ...Have a baby bundle , U might INDEED hold the baby longer this time around,

Have faith in that, ...I will be having a baby this month,

By the 30th ;o)

and my little lex cant come up all the time i dont want her to feel caged in ....so dont feel bad about that, ;o)

pictures will be enough until the little one comes home!

GOOLUCK!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• GOODLUCK* hah...that was an embarrassing typo ;o)
    LexsiesMommy

• I don't think it would be fair for anyone to tell you that you shouldn't have another baby! Sometimes moms have a very easy and textbook first pregnancy and then go on to have preemies. They say that your odds of having another preemie go up, but I honestly think they are the same as before, just that nobody knew that you had the odds that you have and now that your son was born early, they know you have that possibility. But that's not a garauntee that you'll have another preemie! I would just take VERY good care of yourself during this pregnancy and be healthy and careful. (Not to say at all that those are reasons your son was early, not by any means, but you get what I mean I hope!) I hope that anyone who answers that you shouldn't try again is a person you ignore. GOOD LUCK! Have faith
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008