Sister Wives TLC show.

What is so wrong with their lifestyle? I personally could not handle having sister wives, but why all the fuss?

The children are fine. The adults are fine. What's the big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yes I agree the children seem adjusted to it, since thats how they were raised in since birth, the adults seem happy. But its against the LAW! Thats what the fuss is about! They are doing things illegal and putting it on television for the whole world to see. They knew the consequences of their decision to air this, and now they must face the consequences. I understand why they did it, I do think that more people need to be made aware that not all polygamist couples live the kind of life we see in the movies and on tv (rapes, underage marriage... etc.). There is such a stigma to it, thats never going to change how the world views it. You also have to realize that they are being filmed and therefore it may not actually be a complete portrayal of how their lives really are.
    mormonmommy85

Answer by mormonmommy85 at 4:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
    LillyJD

Answer by LillyJD at 1:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have no issues with their family
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have no issues.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I couldnt agree more! Although I COULD NOT nor would I want to share my hubby the idea of living with all that extra help would be nice at times
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I love the show. I have no problem with their lifestyle... they seem happy together and are making it work, so why not! To each their own, who am I to judge. Having said that... I'm not sure I could share my husband. Knowing he is having sex with another woman while I lay in my bed alone would drive me insaine!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 9:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• To each his own. That's my opinion.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have only watched 2 episodes of that show, and while it is not a lifestyle I would choose, I don't condemn them or think badly of how they live. To each his/her own.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I couldn't live that lifestyle but I don't think bad of them for it,if they are happy and they all seen to be happy including the children, I think people should leave them alone, it isn't like they are demanding everyone live that way.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I don't get what all the fuss is about either. I couldn't share my husband. Although having some help cleaning the house, making dinner and picking my child from school would be nice. (lol) It is not the life style for me, but to each his/her own.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2011