How would you feel if your child does not want to see one parent?and that parent was you?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 11:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Pretty crappy. Id wonder what I did to piss them off and try to fix it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would be devestated and would immediatly try to figure out what I've done to make my child feel that way and do everything in my power to fix it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would definately have to re-examine myself. I would have to see why my child didn't want to see me.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would wonder what I did to make that happen and try to repair it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'd feel like I put them last, like other things were more important, like going out, leaving them with others to care for them. That I didnt nurture them or bond with them.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It depends. Is this a long term, ongoing problem, or is it an emotional response as an isolated event? If your child really feels this way about you from day to day, I would be doing my best to locate a trigger or reason and change my ways if needed. If you are completely stumped, then the two of you should go find a counselor because that is rather abnormal and must make you feel really rejected. Rejection is extremely hurtful. Every child needs both parents, if possible in their lives, so this needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would feel very, very hurt no matter what the reason for it was. Although I automatically assume the parent has done something wrong, it also could be due to the other parent influencing the child's want to see them.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'd feel deep sadness.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011