MOST TALKED ABOUT SUBJECT! JOIN IN!

MMR VACCINE???? YES, OR NO? AND WHY DID YOU DECIDE THAT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I waited untli DS was going to kindergarten to have it, both my brother and I had reactions to it when we were little, I almost died,,now that was a long time ago, but his doctor and I both felt it was best to wait, had the vaccine and all is well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yep all 3 of my kids had it. Because the dr. reccomended it and last yr there was a measle ourbreak!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes I did, for both kids. There are NO studies that prove that it is linked to autism... And our doctor told us that she was doing clinicals when these diseases were wreaking havoc, She said that it'd be better to protect our kids from that, then something that has nothing to back it up
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Baby Bugsmama- im not really worried about the autism claim...its just ive seen WORSE things like children actually brain damged to where they cant talk, walk, eat nothing :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• All 3 of our boys, + all of the kids in my family have had all of their vaccinations and they are ALL healthy, happy kids. I think when somethings wrong with a child parents want to have something to blame it on, instead of just accepting that's the hand they were dealt. There's really no research to prove that it is the actual cause of the autism.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• MrsLeftlane
    the only thing that really got me scared was when a family actually won a case because it was proven that there son was 100% healthy before the vax, then within days the child because severly disabled.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Got my kid's their MMR's. Now a days you CAN get the MMR done in 3 separate shots. It's Your right to demand them one at a time in several week intervals. Some people think the MMR shot makes their kid's autistic even though there is NO proof. So get them one at a time a month apart. DONT let the Dr tell you it CANT be done that way because it CAN AND IS done like that now you just have to ask for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I got it for my sonand he has Autism.I would definatly not have gotten them when I did if I knew then what I know now.I cannot say that is what caused it but I know it could have and you can get rid of measles but you will always have Autism
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• To me and most of the medical world, there really is no question - for most people the risks of not vaccinating your child so clearly outweighs any potential risk of getting the shots. Have you looked at what these diseases can do both to the infected person and to everyone around them? Mental retardation and death are just 2 of the potential outcomes of getting measles (it's not just an itchy annoyance), and if a pregnant woman contracts rubella from a child who is infected with rubella (like maybe at the doctors office) there is a serious risk that her fetus may develop congenital birth defects.

I'm curious, could you post a little more info about the case you refer to above? Are you talking about Bailey Banks?
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sebbiemama, but the measles can cause that, but its showing more and more children are having the same problems with the shot "causing mental retardation and death"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011