Kind of a dumb question ,but...

Normally when I want to tan I do the spray tanning. At my gym they have tanning booths. I've never really used tanning booths. Now my question is if I use a sunblock SPF 30 to protect my skin along with my tanning lotion ( which does not have a sunblock in it ) am I still going to tan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i doubt it but it will still be bad for you. But i love tanning. Although i haven't in a long time.. i never tried the spray on i've been too scared it will look bad or like run off or something idk?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Lol no. SPF blocks the UV rays. Just use a regular tanning bed lotion, and don't lay too long at one time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Thanks that what I figured ,but didn't know for sure. The way they do at the gym you can't be in the booths for more then 12 minutes at a time.
    Anonymous

• If you're just starting out, don't go for more than 3 or 4 minutes for your first few sessions. Tanning bed burns are WAYYYYY worse than sunburns! Lol trust me, it feels like chemical burns or something! It's awful!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Okay thanks for the advice no one told me how long I should go when I am just starting out
    Anonymous