What is wrong with my body??

Ive had cold sores since I was a kid but had only had like 3 until I turned 21...Then I started getting them CONSTANTLY..It says they are supposed to get less frequent with age but my get worse..(im 24 now) for the last 3 years I had been getting them like 4 times a year..now this year im getting them EVERY 2 weeks almost..I can feel the tiny bump start to form so I put abreva on right away and apply it religiously ...But its the fact that im getting them almost every 2 weeks now..what is wrong with my body that my immune system is THIS shitty?? I just dont get it...Why are they getting more and more frequent?? It just stresses me out because I feel like I cant enjoy life since im constantly getting them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• cold sores develop when the dormant herpes virus becomes viral again and this happens when your immune system is down. get more vitamin c and antioxidants into your body to strengthen your immune system
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• People who have been infected with the HSV-1 virus can take preventative measures by living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a proper diet. Those who take steps to reduce stress, such as getting proper amounts of sleep and using relaxation techniques, are less likely to experience an outbreak of cold sores. In addition, outbreaks can sometimes be prevented when early signs, such as tingling, are recognized and topical creams or medications are used right away. Unfortunately for those who become infected with the virus, there is no absolute cure for cold sores. Rather, outbreaks come and go throughout the remainder of a person’s life. While there are medications to help shorten the length of time an outbreak lasts, there are no medications to completely prevent cold sore outbreaks. Furthermore, there are no medications or vaccines to cure cold sores or to protect a person from acquiring them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Stress brings them out too. Occasionally, you will need to be on a good 1 month dose of a steroid to reset your immune system. Good luck.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Don't forget to change your toothbrush and throw out any lipstick, chapstick or anything else that may have come into contact with your lip and the cold sore.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 4:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011