Birthday invite?

Today, we're having a party at one of those inflatable parks for my 6 year old Kindergardener. We've invited about 30, and 22 are coming. I just couldn't invite everyone from the K, so I had my DD to pick only 10 of her favorite classmates. But you know, she's still too young to carefully choose friends... I think she missed one. (I asked her several times at different time so it won't happen, but well, it did.)
So, this morning, while waiting for the kindergarden, her teacher asked her if she's having a party. She said yes, and another kid exclaimed "I'm going!" The girl who wasn't invited said "Wait, you didn't invite me!" My DD told her that she wasn't allowed to invite everyone, and she took it well, at least that time. But I'm quite sure when she goes home, she'll cry to her mother about not being invited. I really feel sorry for her.
Now, I easily can invite one more kid. Should I call her mother that it was a mistake, and she's now invited? Or, do you think she'll forget about it by next week? To avoid this, I never talked about the party, and never let my DD know the final attendance, etc. We just didn't think that the teacher will talk about the party in front of everyone! (I blame the teacher, but meanwhile, what should I do with the poor girl who wasn't invited???)

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd just call her mom up and invite her.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think you should invite her since you do have one spot left.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• This why I am all for inviting the whole class. Chances are only the ones your DD really plays with will show up any way. I know I never accept and invite for a child who's name has never been mention at home. What's done is done though! I owul dleave it as it is and shame on the teacher for bringing it up... why?
    Anonymous

• We always invite all the girls in the class. It's much easier and feelings don't get hurt.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I vote for calling up and saying there was a mix up and she was invited. I'm a peace-maker tho LOL
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks guys, I learned not to do that again no matter what... (I really thought I covered so this won't happen, but I can say now that there's no 100% perfect plan...)
    Meachan

Comment by Meachan (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2011