My BIL stole my son's ADHD meds........

loser!!!!! good thing it wasn't the new bottle i just got.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know it is hard . . .but, when my brother is up to his funny-business, he is not allowed in my house or around my kids. We also boycott family events that he will be at. It sounds really mean, but I am trying to send a very strong message to my kids that drug-related behavior is unacceptable, and will not be tolerated in our house. And, unconditional enabling will not occur.
    Sometimes, the boundaries are moe about the kids.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• REPORT HIM TO THE POLICE. ( now that puts your son, in a fix as well as you to deal with)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would make a police report. Even though it isn't an issue of your son not getting his meds, it might scare your BIL enough to get help.

(My brother is an addict, as well . . . so this advice comes with years of us letting that kind of stuff go . . and years of us enabling his life waste).
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• that sucks.. time to lock up the meds and not let someone over anymore eh?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• no kidding! I have gotten all the meds and put them in a gallon ziplock bag so i can hide them all. It was only like 4 pills, but to steal those from his nephew. If i had my choice i wouldn't let him in ever again.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Guess he won't be over anytime soon!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree..call the police..make a police report, call up dr. office tell them what happend and bring the report with you so you can get another prescription for the remainder of the month so your son doesnt have to suffer.
    What a loser.
    I hide my sons meds when certain family members are coming over...its sad that I have to do that :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If it were my BIL he would never be in our home again. At least not until he went through some kind of substance abuse program. And if you steal medication you have a problem. And I would call to make a report. It would not be in a zip lock bag hidden. I would have it in a lock box hidden with the key around my neck. I would also change all locks on my door if he or my in laws had a key.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Why didn't you call the police? And I certainly would never let him in my home again.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011