UNWANTED TATTOO!!!

is there anything that helps get rid of a tattoo? when i was 18 i got this huge tattoo on my back it starts at the bottom of my neck and ends in the middle of my back its really messed up because during those days i was into drugs and all and we did it with a homemade gun and we were messed up and it looks terrible....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• laser removal will lighten it... The other option is to go to a GOOD artist and see what kind of cover up they can come up with. Either option is expensive but a cover up would be much less.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• best talk to a doctor about this one.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• The only effective way to get rid of it is with a laser in a dermatologist's office.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree, see what a cover-up would cost. My husband is a free-lance tattoo artist and he does a lot of cover-ups. Plus, free-lance tattooists are usually cheaper than going to a shop (but make sure they are still liscensed!)
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You would have to get it removed by a laser.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nothing short of laser removal will get rid of it. Its literally under your skin and it's VERY expensive to get laser removal and it takes many visits. Its VERY painful Small ones cost an average of $3000. Large ones can take well over 10K. You can always get tattoo makeup to cover it up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• wrecking balm is suppose to work.. I've never used it though. Probably wouldn't hurt to try. I think that's what its called.
    You could always do laser removal though.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• wrecking balm.. sells at walmart 50$ usually near the pharmacy.. is a process though..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• well the thing about a cover up is the whole tattoo is scar tissue

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh gosh scar tissue is hard to treat with laser removal, I would consult with a professional tatoo artist, and see what they could come up with to make it at least look better,, I am afraid that even if you have the money for laser, it might not be able to be done
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011