What do you use for eczema?

My 4 months old have some red spots here and there on his body and also on his cheeks. What cream do you use to get riid of it? I tried a lot of creams and it comes back. It usually get worst after bath, but in the mornig it'll be fine again. The bath water is never too hot, so I dont know why. I also breastfeed, so is it something that I ate? Thanks

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aveeno makes a lotion called baby eczema. it seriously makes the skin baby soft again within 2 days
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• http://www.aveeno.com/baby-care/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream

momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i use aveeno wash and lotions on my ds, it helps but doesn't clear it up
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I ended up having to get an ointment prescribed by the pediatrician. After that cleared it up I used and still use Cetaphil lotion. They make a body wash as well. I've heard Aveeno is good too. I found that I couldn't bathe him too often, every day was definitely out, and that I needed to keep his skin moisturized with the lotion.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I suggest Cetaphil, my doc suggested it to me and it works wonders. I was told by my doc that Aveeno use to be a great product but now that they have entered into the cosmetic world, the product just isn't what it use to be. Not saying it doesn't work for some, just sharing what my doctor told me.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i tried everything to get my sons face to clear up and i found one thing that worked great and i still use it for him and hes 7 it at walmart and the name is baby eczema its green with winnie the pooh on it
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i used to get eczema. i have very sensitve skin. it was from dirty sheets in my particular case. i used HYDROCORTIZONE. its an anti-ich cream that REALLY works.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• no, it is most likely not something you ate. it is more likely what your child was exposed to. taking a bath spreads it because eczema is contagious. also if she scratches it make sure she doesnt touch her eyes. so wash her hands a lot. :) good luck. it will go away i promise :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• My son has be having this issue since he was about 8 months and still does (hes almost 2).. for the days that it isnt too bad I use Eucerin cream and when it gets really inflamed I use Hydrocortizone
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• maybe some tgel
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2011