Were do you place your childs carseat in the car??

i always put my son in the middle b/c its the safest if we got hit on the sides, but i have no idea what i would do if we had another child.

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• My sonhas always been in the middle but when we have tis kids, he will obviously be moved.
    nykkybryches

Answer by nykkybryches at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My dd is in the middle only because if someone parks close to me on the side I normally put her in I can always go to the other side of the car and put her in.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• in my dh's truck and my car, one child is on each side in the back, if they were beside each other they'd fight lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I put him on my side. makes it easier for me to get him. He'll probably be going in the middle soon though because I'm having another baby.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• In my husbands truck they take up the whole back seat. So one in each of them. In my car I put two in the back row on either side. In the middle row there is one neat the door and the baby that is coming will go in the middle. I would have to have a car with 5 rows for each of them to be in the middle. I tend to put the baby in the middle and work the car seats around that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• As infants in the middle. I kept my first in the middle until he outgrew the infant and next stage seats and had to have the booster that fits the door side. Now that I have two they each are on a door side. For the first year and a half my youngest was in the middle in my car. It broke down and I had to share DH's SUV so there was room to keep her in the middle. My car is running again and is way too small to have her bigger seat in the middle.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• In the middle until my second was born. I now have one on each side.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• In the middle right now.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Middle for the youngest (or only kid). If have 2 kids - put the youngest in the middle (if possible) and the older one on the right/passenger side. You are more likely to parallel park with the passenger side towards the curb and that's a safer place to deal with getting a kid in/out.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• On each a side.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011