My husband always insults me....

This latest one really hurt me because I have been worried about my weight. Last night I was talking to my husband about maybe making his mother meals and taking them to her because she either doesn't eat or she doesn't eat healthy. Its just her living by herself. She always complains about her weight and thinks staving herself will help he lose weight. I said healthy meals will help with weight management but she needs to exercise too. He looks at me and says yeah healthy eating isn't working for you. I barely talked to him the rest of the night. He doesn't care he insults me. I weigh 135 and I am 5'3. Yes I am a bit over weight but not by much but he makes it seem like I am completely fat. He is always commenting in my weight and how some of my clothes don't fit me and how I no longer am the size 3 115 pound girl he met. I had 2 freaking kids! He is about 60 pounds over weight and he has the nerve to always insult me on everything I do. It huts so much and I tell him this and he gets even madder and calls me names.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• oh wow. Sorry you are going through this.

Next time... just tell him.... say oh ok honey.... and WHEN YOUR READY TO GET YOUR FAT A** up off the couch rid yourself of that innnertube from your midsection then we can talk about losing weight. LOL GL
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am so sorry this is happening to you! Was he verbally abusive before? Something is definitely going on here & you need to find out what it is. Counseling may help if he will go, but you could also try looking up Mark Gungor or How To Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage. That helped my husband out a lot & it may help you, too, although I do think your problem is a bit more serious so watching a DVD, no matter how insightful, isn't going to cure anything. If I were you I would just put my foot down with him if nothing else works. "A is going to happen if B doesn't" - that kind of thing. & STICK TO IT! It could just be a short separation until things change, it doesn't have to be dramatic. It's hard and it requires making some crazy tough decisions, but you can do it. You're a strong, capable and I'm sure, beautiful woman...he needs to understand that he can't disrespect you or take you for granted and still get to keep you.
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 12:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Why do you stay with this JERK?

By the way you are NOT FAT, I'm sure you look great! 10 to 15 pounds is not fat!

By the way, he should be thanking you for taking care of his mother.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• men can be that way. I'd tell you to do the same to him, but that probably wouldn't work. Just don't let him get to you. Stress just adds to weight gain. Stay positive and ignore him.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Tell him he shouldn't talk and to quit stuffing his face!! Then make a meal/exercise plan for yourself, get healthy and more gorgeous than you already are and throw it back in his fat face!! Men suck sometimes.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'd say "so LET'S work together and both get healthier". I bet that shuts him up

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maybe you need to teach him what respect means. Insulting each other does not work.

Just don't let him go there, you DO have the power to get him to stop. Don't be afraid of him, demand respect.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It sounds like he knows he is overweight and he thinks by making you feel badly about yourself he is trying to make himself feel better. Just do what it takes to make yourself happy and Healthy and when he opens up his smart mouth just tell him when he is dead of a heart attack from all his extra fat, you will still be healthy and slim.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I mentioned the exercising together but he just goes on about how HE is more important and needs to lose weight more the I do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• He has got NO ROOM to talk! I would be hurt, pissed, and let him know.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011