Diaper parties

This is mainly for my fellow cloth diapering moms. I know a lot of women who do Tupperware parties or passion parties or stuff like that. Has anyone ever done a diaper party, or thought of doing a diaper party? I did a ton of research before ever switching to cloth diapers and then after i made the jump it took a while to figure out which ones worked best for us. I wish i could have seen them and got a hands on feel for them before buying them. I just wonder if diaper parties are around or if anyone would go to them. It would be so much less intimidating if you had a better feel for them from the beginning and could even have a question and answer time. I'd just like some input. Thank ladies.

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 12:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk good idea though!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It sounds really neat, and there may be something like that in bigger cities, but I know there is nothing like that in my town. Mine was the first CDed baby my ped had seen "in decades".
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 12:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If I could have gone to one of these, if I'd even have known they existed, I might have done cloth. I think what intimidated me, besides being a first time mom, was that I was not able to feel and compare them before I would have had to spend the money.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think this would be an excellent idea. Especially since society in general is trying to be "greener". I would totally go to one. I am interested in cloth diapering, but know virtually nothing about them. Like which is better - one size or the varying sizes. What is better for leak protection... all sorts of things.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'm a rep for Diaper Parties by Everything Birth and love helping moms make the switch. It is so much easier when you have the actual diapers in hand and when people see much cloth diapers have changed they are amazed. :)
    MaoAmo

Answer by MaoAmo at 9:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• well if you could find enough people in your area that would come it might be a good ideal especially for new users
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I love the idea and actually have gone to a few parties. I am just now starting to become a consultant myself. I think its great, especially if there are no local shops in your area. Cloth is great, feeling, seeing, etc before buying helps so much and gives you a better idea of what they are like, what kind of work it may or may not take, etc. If you can do it, do!!
    nikki111

Answer by nikki111 at 1:34 PM on May. 14, 2011