On the verge of a break down!!!!!!!!

The fucking money order for rent got lost in the mail my landlord claims, we have till sat to come up with the money or we will be getting a eviction notice!! Im on the verge of a nervous break down! wtf am i gonna do? I cant find the stub or receipt.....im pannicing! i have no where to go!! Is there anything i can do to track it?

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Go back to whereever you purchased it - like if it's a grocery store they typically keep a log of every money order they sell. Honey - ALWAYS ALWAYS keep those receipts - it's the only way to prove it. If you had the stub I'd be willing to bet your landlord would work with you. When I was younger and had to pay that way I had one of those little composition notebooks you buy for your kids and I'd staple the receipts to a page and write what I mailed it for. In the future when you mail the money order for rent it's probably worth the extra $5 bucks to send it certified/return receipt. I know none of this helps you now but chalk it up to a hard lesson learned. Try going back to where you purchased it to see if they kept a log. Good luck.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Go to where you got the MO and see if they can go back and print you another receipt.  It's a long shot, but worth a try.  Sorry for your discouragement.  GL & GB

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I wish I had an answer for you but Ill definitely pray for your family!! Hugs!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Go to the place where you bought the money order and Im sure they can help you. Praying .
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope we called them they cannot do anything about it, and we got it from one of those check cashing places!
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh no!! Keep looking!! I'll be praying for your family.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• So you wouldn't be able to tell if it was ever cashed? So the landlord could have gotten it, cashed it, and could tell you it was never received? I'd keep looking and hoping that the landlord calls and says...it arrived today. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• BS who ever you got the money order from CAN tell you the number on the check. I would demand talking to the manager
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Contact the issuer of the money order (where the money is drawn, not where you bought it). If you have an amount and a day/time they may be able to help you if you can prove you purchased it (the place that sold it has to have some record of your purchase, they can't just sell them without tracking their inventory). Though you may want to consider you mailed the stub to the landlord. (Just a thought since he's not willing to work with you at all).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011