My child is 1 year old and she has a hard time at bedtime that just recently started. I have her on a shedule but mabye i should let her ware herself out?

baby_loca1987

Asked by baby_loca1987 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is also 1 years old and just started giving us trouble with going to and staying a sleep. I didn't know what was going on until I saw two of her molars coming in. The poor baby has been teething. It is very possible this is what is happening with your daughter.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If it's a sudden change, I'd agree that the molars may be to blame.
    Keep in mind that an overtired child - one who is "worn out" won't go to sleep easily and won't stay asleep well.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• if it is tetthing try hyland's teething tablet they work wonders and i swear they put them to sleep especially when they are tired
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I follow my 2-year-olds cues - I can tell when he's tired and when he just wants to stay up for a little longer. We're not strict to a specific time for bed but we keep it in a range. I think following what your kid is telling you is key. Reading what their body language is saying. It's an art form.
    nealie

Answer by nealie at 10:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• dont get your kid too tired it makes it harder to get them to sleep and it is bad for them it teaches them at a young age to push it as long as you can before they go to sleep and then they end up with sleeping trouble all there lifes
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ya i have the same excact problem with maddie, she is 13mo, its like one day she got all outta whack n started stayin up really freakin late, like 1am....but the only thing i can think of is her molars are comin in....at least i hope, so it will be over soon cuz holy crap, she threw me outta whack too!!!
    team_pink07

Answer by team_pink07 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Maybe you could try establishing a bedtime routine instead of a schedule so she knows when you expect her to go to bed.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I started having the same trouble with my 16 month old daughter and then one day while I was playing with her she was laughing and I noticed she had 4 molar teeth coming in. Poor baby girl! Anyway, I keep her on Tylenol usually around the clock for now except during the night....I don't dare wake the sleeping dragon! LOL but just try to be understanding and hold her and rock her and just be patient. It wont be like this forever...and honestly, once it is gone you will miss it anyway! Good luck and just give her lots of love!
    Mommy2Bx32008

Answer by Mommy2Bx32008 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008