At what age do babies sit up with out help?

My son is trying to sit up on his own and he's only 3 months. I know that he likes to pull him self up while holding my thumbs but when do baby's usually start?

randimae

Asked by randimae at 9:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around 6 months
    Anonymous

• It varies GREATLY from baby to baby, all of the firsts do! I think your little guy might be on the early side for sitting up, then again he might be thisclose to doing it for a really long time (like my little guy and rolling over--augh!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my son could sit on his own without any support when he was 9 months old and now he will be turning one and he is pulling himself up and trying to walk. every baby is differnet and they will do things when they are ready.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• 6 month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Both my girls were just a few days short of 5 months when they were able to sit well on their own and play w/ toys. I do think 3 months is a bit early...I think 5 may still be a bit early. Average I think is about 6 months.
    blue_apalt

Answer by blue_apalt at 1:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2008