How can I get my almost 3 yr old son to sleep.....

He takes a nap from 1-3 and if I skip naptime the rest of the day is BAD. He goes to bed between 8-9 and I tried to keep him up later and he gets so crabby that it didn't work. He is also waking in the night around 4am to go potty and I have a hard time getting him back to sleep. Once he finally falls back to sleep he is up again at 6:30. What gives. I would love to find a way to get him to sleep just a little bit longer. Maybe 7 am at least. Any ideas or suggestions?

terrah52748

Asked by terrah52748 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok - this may sound very simple of me.... but have you tried running his butt? I don't know if ya'll are outdoor people, but it's one thing my mom swore by with 4 kids (3 of them were boys). Getting him outside playing as much as possible will wear his rear out. If he is going to bed too late, then he may actually not be sleeping well.. which makes this whole cycle worse... I had a friend who swore by taking her 2.5 yr old on a 2 mi walk every night b/c she'd run off all her energy and sleeeeeeep! Good luck!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008