Should I Find A New Maid of Honour???

So me and my fiancee are getting married. But theres one problem with this whole thing is my drama queen friend aka maid of honour. She always fights with me about my opinions for example she yelled at me for voting for John McCain because I don't agree with Obama's views. Then she starts a fight with me telling me about college and my major. And then last night she blows up on my fiancee when he tells her how in love he is with me and how love feels like and she felt that he was telling her she didnt know what love was like. And last night Toni(my fiancee) and I got in a huge fight about it because he felt like I should stick by his side. We made up today and started thinking, this drama queen do we really want her to be the maid of honour or not? Last night she even had the nerve to call him inappropriate names and told me she hated him to me. I love her to death, but I hate all the stupid fights with her.

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 9:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• WOW! I say ditch her and find a new maid of honour. She should be doing everything you want/need her to do for your wedding. I mean thats the whole role of it, right? She just dosen't sound like a very nice person to be sticking around you and your soon to be hubby. I think she would just be more of a problem for the both of you if you keep her around. Good luck!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Honey, run from this crazy woman! If you want constant drama to disrupt your marriage then keep her around! Sounds like she's jealous of your happiness.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• She will end up ruining your marriage!! Don't let that happen. Tell her that you are 86ing her as MOH because of her shit. I'd make someone she hates MOH just to salt the wound....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• sounds like some one is JEALOUS!!!! I was just the Matron Of Honor for my best friend and never once did I yell at HER for voting for Obama or anything of the like in fact I bent over backwards to make sure she had the best day of her life. I even dealt with her crazy parents and the flower lady and cake lady for her. I vote you yell at her and tell her to chill out or pick someone else.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Get a new maid of honor. She doesn't sound like a friend and she sounds like she has some major ISSUES! Just be prepared that kicking her out of the wedding, you are ending your friendship with her. But hell, so be it. You are starting a new life with your new hubby and you don't want this hateful bitch causing you all kinds of drama. She might even flake on YOU at the wedding, from how this all sounds.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• lol daym right marlye!!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 10:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well here's another thing Toni is completely against gay and lesbian people...well take a guess she's bi sexual and he has told me that makes him uncomfortable he feels sometimes that Ashley could be "in love" with me. But she hasn't helped me do ANY of the wedding stuff and I confronted her about it and she said "I cant dedicate my whole life to you."
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• holly rose, this artifical friend of your is to high of a maintenance problem either, get ride of her now or she will bring nothing to your life but greife. trust me this is not a true friend, if she is not in the weddin it will do one of two things, she will hate you forever [so] or she will straghten her self up and ack like a supportive , loving giving, sweet friend,, it's your choice and make it soon, cause these kind of women will screw you over on many issues even with future husband. your husband should be your best friend any way, or till you make a new one and stand your groung don't let friend or foe ever treat you like that. ok lots of luck my dear old gal
    oldgal166

Answer by oldgal166 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If she is treating you this way think of how she will treat you both once you are married. I don't think I would want her around. What if she causes a problem at your wedding? Take YOUR day and turn it upside down. I'd really think about removing her from your life totally.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• She seems "loud" just by what I read here on your post. This man that you are about to marry will soon be your husband & I would definitely stand by his side since you two of you will be representing one another as husband & wife. Your friend is not being very respectful at all and I would try talking to her & letting her know how you have been feeling. If she proceeds to behave this way, I would then tell her that I'm letting her go as "maid of honor". Make sure your prepared for a reaction from her & then let her know that you are willing to discuss the matter with her when she is calm & can have an actual conversation with you. Don't feel bad if you have to give her the boot because you had already warned her so if she makes the mistake then the ball is in her court & she screwed up.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 10:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008