I just had a filling put in yesterday.. I think they really screwed up my mouth...

This was so not properly done... I am freaking out. My mouth hurts, and I felt sharp pain when they were drilling my tooth. I had a filling that fell out so they replaced it (different dentist office due to a move). Half my tooth was missing before they filled it. Now when I look inside my mouth, I have what looks like they put puddy inside of my tooth.. and my gums are cracked and bruised. They even drilled my top molar to fit properly inside the filling? I think a crown should have been done?
It also took 3 attempts to place the new filling? A 30 minute job took 2 hours.. What the heck do I do now? I can barely open up my mouth to eat or drink anything without it causing severe pain and headaches... HELP!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• OMG. Call another dentist immediately!! This sounds sooooo wrong. Then once you are feeling better you can properly file a complaint with the dental office? This is just ridiculous. I am so sorry. Tooth/mount pain is the worst :(
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Id be looking to see if this dentist is even licensed to practice dentistry. You would be SHOCKED at how many ARE NOT licensed. Id file a complaint and call the office back and make them pay for a REAL dentist to fix this. You can sue this dentist as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OMG thats my worst nightmare....so sorry honey. I hope they figure it out.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Call a different dentist!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Eek! That's horrible! I agree, call another dentist!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Omgoodness. As if going to the dentist isn't horrible enough. Please see another dentist asap. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Aside from the tooth pain, if you can hardly open your mouth, they could have pulled your jaw out of place - which a chiropractor can very gently fix - a couple of years ago I had dental work done and the pain wasn't going away, I finally went to my chiro and my jaw was so out of whack it was causing 100% of the pain. She fixed it without hurting my teeth (all outer manipulation) and I felt so much better!
    Anonymous

• see another dentist
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would definitely be making an appointment with another dentist!
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011