Whats a good way to lose the baby weight, plus get rid/fade the stretch marks from my pregnany?

I'm about 148lbs, and I use to be 120-125lbs, I had gained 30lbs during my pregnancy, and I've lost about 10, but I can't seem to lose the other 23lbs. I've stopped eating seconds, cause thats extra calories I don't need, but I have to make sure I'm still getting the calories to also breastfeed. I don't think I can take diet pills to help, cause I don't want any of the chemicals to get in my breastmilk, but I really want to lose this weight, and feel better about myself again. I don't feel as confident as I use to. Help!!!

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 10:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know how long it's been since you delivered, but sometimes it just takes time! Your hormones are nutty and they may not even out until after you stop bf'ing. Sometimes people just drop weight like a stone while they are bf'ing, but sometimes not... so first thing - set yourself up for realistic expectations. Your body won't be the same even after you lose weight. It might be better... it might be worse for awhile.. but cut yourself some slack. Spin really jump started my weight loss after I had my twins. It worked miracles quickly b/c I could challenge myself to my limit... not someone else's. It's high intensity, but low impact also... and I lost alot of muscle during my pregnancy so that was important to me! Good luck!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I did weight watchers and it really worked. I was pleasantly surprised at my results. As far as the stretch marks, I put vitamin E lotion on them. It seems to work, in my mind anyway. Vitamin is supposed to help scars fade.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well, it depends how tall you are 148lbs doesnt sound like alot of weight to me. I weighed 120 at 5'8" before pregnant with my 2 year old. I gained 68lbs during pregnancy. Now Im pregnant again but before I was which was about 9 weeks ago. I was weighing in at 130lbs. which is actually my healthy body weight. I went running everyday after the healing process and infat Im still running 2 years later and pregnant again. I didnt loose any pudgy lumpy ripped apart tummy, but it did get slimmer and flater. lots of crunches and weights. I lost all my gained weight but 10lbs. Also, no more soda and junk food, which not only causes weight gain but also an unhealthy body. If you just watch what you are eating and induldge once in awhile, and burn calories you will get there.

Continued below........
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 10:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• But puting high expectations on yourself will only put you down more. As you gain muscle you will gain more weight in a sence, so keep that in mind. (muscle weighs more than fat. ) just keep going and results will come quicker than you think. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

As for stretch marks, unless you get laser treatments, they will only fade to white, silvery lines. they wont go away. Its just a reminder that we went through all that hard work to have our beautiful babies. I only got stretch marks on my breasts but I lived with a bottle of Vitamin E oil! it really helped try it out on your babies love marks...it is supposed to help scars disappear.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I'm 4'11 3/4ths but I've never looked fat when weighing 120-125 pending on the time of the month. You can even look at my myspace pics from before I had my son, www.myspace.com/melodyburch and I never really looked overweight. I've always hips and thighs though, but that was muscle from karate, and fencing. I wore size 7 jeans, and Medium t-shirts cause of the muscle in my back, shoulders, and arms. I lost all of that during pregnancy though.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh you are tiny!!! I dont think 148lbs is heavy! sounds like you used to do exercising of some sort, is it possible to get back into those.
    Feeling good about yourself, first starts as an inside job, your heart. how you feel in your heart about yourself. Try not to listen to your mind. Our minds play dirty tricks on us and it blocks out our personality and our beauty that first comes from within. the sooner you begin feeling better about who you are and encouraging yourself to look past your mind and begin working on your heart, you will gain motivation and a new healthy lifestyle to lose weight and feel beautiful on the outside. BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Weight Watchers has a program for nursing moms. You won't lose fast but you shouldn't lose fast.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008