What to get an old rich man that has everything?

My husband grandfather is celebrating his 81st bday tomorrow. He is extremly wealthy so can aford anything he wants. any ideas will be apriciated
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• A Gourmet Gift Basket:-) We have mens gift baskets, sports, and sugarless gift baskets with healthy gift baskets too:-)

Beautiful Gift Baskets
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• frame pic of the grandkids, fruit bouquet, a home cooked meal
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maybe a picture that you know would mean a lot to him. Blow it up and put it in a nice frame. Pictures are the BEST gift I think!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maybe find a picture from his childhood and restore it, blow it up and frame it.....I did this for my grandmother and it brought her to tears (happy tears)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You could just take him a pie and a card..it is the thought that counts!
    ria7

• I like homemade gifts - maybe a picture collage of stuff you know means a lot, how about a monogrammed money clip for Mr. Moneybags? ha ha
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Picture of a special memory in a very nice frame.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree - a picture (of him and your family, framed) or homemade goodies.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would first think about things that the person really liked. When my Father was at that stage, it got exceedingly tough to get him any kind of gift! Two things he liked the most: Ice cream and eating out. So, I started out by getting him a really good quality counter top ice cream maker. My step Mom at the time had no clue and no recipes - so I made sure I included the two recipes for the kinds I knew Dad liked the best. Then, I would alternate between new recipes and gift cards for the restaurants I knew they liked the best.
    My Father-in-Law proved to be just as challenging, especially in his later years. He, too, loved to eat out, but as he got older and had to give up driving - he couldn't just choose to go out and eat whenever. It actually turned out to be a good thing as we knew that eating out was something he enjoyed, so anytime we were going out, we simply invited him along. His joy? Priceless!
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 2:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Home made coupons for things like your time and your love. Sometimes people who seem to have everything are lonely.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 3:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011