My 3 year old and potty training...need some advice for the night time part adult content

My 3 year old has masterted going potty on her potty at home and at school during the day just not at night. She wears panties during the day. How can I get her not to pee the bed at night? She wears nighttime pull ups, but pees in them at night. How do I get her to hold it in until morning.

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You'll have to wake up at least twice a night to wake her up and make her go potty...after awhile she'll wake up on her own and let you know....good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• so you think i should let her sleep in panties? to make it easier? or stop her from drinking fluids at a certain time?
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Definatly stop her from drinking fluids at a certain time...my 4 yr old has been potty trained since she was 2 and we STILL stop her from drinking at around 7:00.....when you first start waking her up at night you should probably keep her in the pull ups just in case but after awhile (if it's going well) you can change to panties.....but yeah for me the most important part was making sure she wasnt drinking anything too close to bedtime
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She's not ready. This has to happen on it's own. Let her wear the pull ups. Otherwise you will only drive yourself crazy. I'v been there!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have this same problem. My son has been day time potty trained since he was three. He will be four in May. He has worn pull ups at night and just soaks them.
    We have tried everything. Waking him every couple hours, not letting him drink an hour or two before bed, having him sleep in underwear. Doesn't seem to matter... he is a sound sleeper and just soaks his pull up each night.
    With his day potty training it was like one day it just clicked. Hoping that day will soon come for the night time potty training as well.

Every child is different - different things work for different kids. I wish you the best of luck!
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well she gets her meds at 7pm and is sleeping by 730..so i will have to stop her from drinking at 645
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know this is not an answer to your question...my son is potty trained and I didn't need to buy pull-ups. I kept using diapers size 6. At that time he slept with diapers waking up in the morning with a dry diaper and asking to go pee. As pp said maybe your child is not ready yet. Is something that comes naturally.
    Anonymous

• one thing that has worked for my boys is we stopped all liquids 2 hours before they went to bed and the peeing in the nighttime pull up stopped; just be patient and she will master it it takes children longer to master the nighttime then it does the daytime. another thing you could try is if you get up in the night to go get her up also. My oldest was such a deep sleeper he didn't know he had to go until it was too late.
    Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I stopped all 4 of mine from drinking anything after 7. My youngest one is 2 1/2 and she started potty training when she was 21 months. i still put a pull up on her at night just in case but most of the time she is dry. I make sure she pottys just before bed and as soon as she gets up. All kids are different though. Don't push them. They will do it on their own. It will happen...I promise!!
    hotmama_33

Answer by hotmama_33 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Their little bladder can't hold it in all night, this is really common, and I would just use the pull-up, sometimes they sleep so deeply, they can't wake up for the "urge",,she will get better with time,, if you talk to your doc, they don't get worried about nighttime wetting until after age 5,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2011