• In the Spotlight:

Glucose Test

Has anyone taken the glucose test and gotten a really bad headache and stomach ache from it? Just curious, because I just want to beat my head against the wall and hope it will stop. Nothing has worked to get rid of it.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I had it done with my first I felt horrible because there was so much sugar in it, my mid-wife told me to take some Tylenol and lay down and eat crackers or bread to help my stomach.. I hope this helps you.
    waitingon2nd

Answer by waitingon2nd at 10:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I didn't, but appently a lot of women do (based on how I've seen this question answered in the past). I hope you feel better soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i read that you can feel sick and stuff after you drink the stuff they give you and some woman even can faint.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am on my 4th pregnancy and have to go take the 3 hour version of the test this week. With my last pregnancy I thought I was going to throw up, the lab lady told me if I did I would have to start all over. I guess that scared me out of throwing up. But I am not excited about doing it again this pregnancy.
    brandid

Answer by brandid at 11:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ive never had an issue with a glucose test. the only problems i have with it is that if i have to drink more than half of that little bottle of juice it messes with my sugar all day. I already have sugar problems so it is probably different for me. The headache is probably from all the sugar and then having a quick withdrawal from it. this may sound odd but it could be like caffine headache. have you tried to eat something sweet to see if that sugar helps the headache go away. that way instead of a sudden drop to the sugar you can ease off of it. sounds funny but worth a shot
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008