Poor, Middle Class, Wealthy.

How much do you make, how large is your family, how much to you have in retirement, how much debt do you have not including your mortgage, where do you live, and do you consider yourself poor, middle class or wealthy? There did that cover it all. Answer anon of course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Between my DH and I, our income averages about 150k year. There are 3 people in my family....DH, myself and our DD. Not sure how much my H has in retirement. I have about 60k. I'm 26 years old. My DH is 31.
    I live close to Baltimore, MD. We live in the suburbs.

I consider us to be upper middle class.
    Anonymous

• We gross $182K a year 4 person family in California. We own all our cars and have one credit card for $3K on it and student loans around $20K. Most people consider us "wealthy" but I see $250K+ as wealthy. I think we're upper middle class.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I dont answer Anon. Im proud of who I am and my answers. It's just me and the hubby 2 adult kids in college away from home. We have several million in several retirement accounts. We owe on our house by choice right now. no other debt. Its a small Mrtg payment. We live in SC. We are considered wealthy by most peoples standards. This year we will gross over 200K and we both work our asses off for every penny.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Agreed, I believe anything over 200k a year to be wealthy
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• DH and I each make 30K, we're a family of five, we have 30K in retirement, we have zero debt, we live in CT and I consider us solidly middle class.

Anonymous

• We make 100,000 a year. 7 in our family including my DF's ailing father and much younger brother. I have about 20k in 401k. He doesnt have one. Together we have less than 5,000 in debt.(not counting mortgage) I am not including the money and groceries that the Dad and brother contribute (its not much). I have the opposite problem from you. You say you dont think your wealthy, but the numbers say you are. I think Im poor but the numbers say Im not! The important thing is that were happy. Who really cares about the numbers?!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• How much do you make, 130k

how large is your family 2 parents, 2 children, and 2 children we pay child support on. ,

how much to you have in retirement, 10k

how much debt do you have not including your mortgage, 0

where do you live, Northeast

and do you consider yourself poor, middle class or wealthy? Middle class

Anonymous

• Let's see....we make about $90k, we have a family of 4, we have more than $100k in retirement, we have no debt and we live in the south. We consider ourselves middle class.
    Anonymous

• How much do you make? $100 a month
    How large is your family? 3
    How much to you have in retirement? $1000
    How much debt do you have not including your mortgage? 0
    Where do you live? USA
    Technically we're lower income, but we've learned how to budget our money, hence the reason we're debt free, so I dont feel poor.
    Anonymous

• How much do you make? $ 1000 a month and 1250 on bills every month( Rent, SMUD, car)
    How large is your family? 3 and 1 step son
    How much to you have in retirement? 0
    How much debt do you have not including your mortgage? 10,000
    Where do you live? California
    we are VERY POOR
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 5:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2011