Depression urges..

I was wondering...what do you reach for to get comfort when severely depressed or stressed out ?

Food or Drink ? If so...what kind ?
Or Neither.

Thought this might be an interesting question.

Wish2Be

Asked by Wish2Be at 1:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I reach for the carbohydrates...probably why I'm overweight lol

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• not food I usually just sit & stress & think but some good red wine doesn't hurt.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Neither!When I am depressed I do not want to eat at all.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• When I'm stressed or depressed food doesn't even sound good. I usually just want to sleep.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I drink red wine w a fruit cocktail.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• chocolate!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Merlot to the rescue!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i dont want to eat at all if i'm stressed or depressed... i just want to cuddle with my boys or go to sleep if they are sleepin
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 6:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have a self confidence book my mom gave me a long time ago and I read some of the positive thoughts in that. I also have a therapist that I talk to, which helps. Its rare that I get depressed, I suffer from anxiety.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 2:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have been depressed most of my life because of my abusive family, and then having to move here to Wis. from my home state of N.J. where there is nothing but fishing, hunting and boating and DRINKING, very boring and lonely here. Moved to a town where there is no transportation but a senior cab that only runs during the day 5 days a week. I never learn to drive because of my dad. I do use the cab service, even though I am not a senior they allow me to use it due to my Meniere's Disease but it only goes right here in town which there isn't many places to go. I take Citalopram everyday and I've seen 2 counselors since we've been here. So I live with this depression and boredom and loneliness everyday. My two best friends are in N.J. and Penns. Can't afford to go and see them but I talk to them on yahoo and the phone, and now my son is leaving to go back to Iraq on Sunday. He is my baby and my pride and joy. May God Bless him.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2011