So you think you are being stalked? Now there is even software to help a stalker

Just when you think you've heard it all ~ guess all the more reason to boycott twitter ....

A new software tool created by Greek programmer Yiannis Kakavas goes much farther in the shock category. Called “Creepy,” Kakavas' tool makes it easy to gather all the location-based digital breadcrumbs that people leave online and plot them on a map. The map and associated time stamps make it easy to discern their routines -- “It looks like Bob goes to this coffee shop every Friday morning around 10:30” -- a tool of incalculable use to a would-be stalker. For Web users who loyally leave breadcrumbs everywhere ("Now at Whiskey Bar!" "Now at Park Diner," "Finally home") it's possible to recreate much of their daily lives using Creepy.

"I was trying to make a point," he said. "I'm trying to raise awareness among users of social networking platforms that they actually do share a lot of information and this can potentially be used by people with malicious intentions."

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2011/04/just-how-creepy-is-creepy-a-test-drive.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Technology

• Creepy if used to stalk someone, but might be fun to creep my ex out with lmao. "I know you are having coffee".

Answer by gemgem at 2:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Creepy indeed.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Creepy to the extreme....but I agree with gemgem that it might be fun to freak a friend or DH out with lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• SUPER creepy and just another reason to decrease your digital footprint. Did you know IF your DH knows your screen name on Cafemom he can google your responses to stuff without being a member? I discovered that one day by accident just tooling around the internet - I found posts I had responded to.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OMG @Tinkerboo! Your kidding!!!!! That is nutso...I'm glad I've been saying good stuff cause he's SUPER curious about what I be talking about on here all day! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Not even Kidding Lucky - Type a question you've answered into google and see what happens - for example - google yourself "Lucky209" and I can see your mood was lonely on one day - EVERYTHING you post is public ladies.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011