Hypothetical Question.......

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME lol....but I'm curious about how my CM mama's would handle this....

Your DH/SO cheats on you ONCE and confesses this to you, he is OBVIOUSLY disgusted with himself and he SWEARS to you that it will never happen again....he is normally a wonderful husband and father and you both love each other very much....

What do you do?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I move on and forward and until he can show me hes not cheating or looking to cheat again id be knowing where he was at all times. I might even get him a gps phone and use the computer to track him for a while.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think EVERYONE has the capacity to cheat given the perfect storm of circumstances - it is having the wisdom to know NOT to put yourself in that circumstance that separates the men from the boys so to speak. I honestly don't know - I truly believe that once a cheater always a cheater but I love my SO and I might give him one more chance - but I don't think I would have the capacity to trust him again at this stage in my life so then the "one more chance" would be pointless. I hope I never had to make that decision - I think in the end it would be over for me.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ditch the fucker. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice I'll cut your dick off. Most of the time it doesn't work out. No matter if you still love the person, the trust has been broken and it's very hard to get over that. Plus most guys think (ridiculously) that you'll cheat on him as payback.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It has happened to me, and i did forgive him. It was an emotional thing online. I will admit its really hard to get past though, but i think it can be overcome.
    Anonymous

• Bugzmomma - I literally choked on my soda when I read your response. THAT is too freakin funny! You Go Girl!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well, i think there are a few things I couldn't forgive...cheating and abuse.

If he really loved me...WHY would he of done it in the first place??

Did they kiss or was it more??
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ummm...dunno.
    I'd probably forgive him.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If he was truly sorry and sought help for what he had done i.e. counseling (individual or marriage) then yes I would really consider taking him back. People cheat for many reasons. They can cheat and still love the person they are with. We are all human and humans are sexual creatures. Sometimes we act on our impulses and then later regret what we did. Could be cheating on a SO or taking something we shouldn't or even just calling someone a bad name...
    mommyoffivePL

Answer by mommyoffivePL at 2:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Leave him. I have been with a cheater before, and vowed to never be with one again. My SO knows this, and knows im dead serious about it. And i might beat him up too lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I could never imagine my dh, who is my best friend doing this to me, so I have no idea how to answer this question. Anyone can say what they 'would' do, but until you are in that situatio, we all probably have no clue.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011