Does anybody know whay I can do about OCD,ADHD and my child, causing him not to sleep?

My son is both Autistic and ADHD and if he knows I am going somewhere or he is going to get something new, or we have company , he literally cannot sleep.He gets a certain thing on his mind and that is all he thinks, or talks about.He will ask you a hundred times stuff like where we going, and say I like puzzles over and over like a broken record.It is really starting to affect him because it makes him ill the next day and I guess mentally worn out.I was hoping anybody would be able to help me with something I can do to try to make this better,I really am not kidding, I call it spinning out when he gets like this and he does it for 2-3 days at a time sleeping only like 15 hours in total in which for him is not alot.I have an apponment with the dr in 3 weeks but thats the closest I could get ,PLease help!

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My Ped Recommended 2 mg. of melatonin for my DS. We use it on an as needed basis. Even though it is natural talk to your ped before you give it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I second the Melatonin, you have to give it to him right when he looks like he is getting tired or it won't work. Talk to your ped.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I appreciate the answers ladies thank you !
    Brandy928

Comment by Brandy928 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011