What do you think of this...

Do you take into consideration the fact that the new guy you are seeing has cheated on past girlfriends?

Do you consider his past your future so to speak?

Is it true once a cheater , always a cheater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I believe once a cheater, always a cheater.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I second that notion!
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 2:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Definitely not true. I cheated on a previous partner many years ago and there is no way on this planet I would do that to my husband. I was younger, wilder and not the same person as I am today. People make mistakes and some make the same ones over and over. Others learn from them and move on. At the same time, the famous Dr. Phil always says "your past is you best predicter of your future." I guess you need to use common sense judgement and if the person hasn't grown wiser and more mature then maybe it is best to pass on that relationship.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes. Once a cheater always a cheater. I never know someone personally that only cheated once.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I dont hold someones past against them past a certain age. If your a 18-25 y.o drug addict theres over a 90% chance you will go back to drugs. Peoples past's are not an indication of your future with them. Not always anyways, and it's possible for anyone to change their life for the better as long as they do the hard work necessary to change.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I do believe once a cheater, always a cheater..BUT I believe there's an exception for everything...like when/why did he cheat? Was it some high school thing, was it a marriage, a one night stand, or an affair? I'd want open honest answers to it all, then I'd reevaluate the new relationship. Personally I wouldn't be with a man who ever cheated, but I know a FEW ppl who have done it once and that was it. Open and honesty is key, and HE needs to be the one telling you al the details, not a third party. Good luck.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I could never fully trust a guy that has cheated before. But thats just me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, yes and yes.

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, I do not believe that.. I was married to my first husband for 5 years and I cheated on him several times.. I have been with my second husband for 15 years and I have never even looked at another man in that way.. The difference is simple.. With my first husband I was young, stupid, selfish, and didn't love him..
    I am older now, I live for my husband, and I truly and completely love him.. I have no desire to ever be with another man..
    People change..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 2:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes some things are typically true. Once a cheater, always a cheater for the most part. YES there are exceptions to the rule but I'm not sure I would place that bet on a cheater.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011