Do you thik that vaccinations are causes of Autism

Alot of people say that giving these shots too early can be dangerous , what do you think?My kids both had all the vaccs on time and my son was diagnosed Autistic last year .

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I just want to say that the studies that people keep referring as proof of vaccines not causing Autism came from Eli Lilly and Pfzer the same pharmaceutical companies that market the vaccines.
    Vaccines are a serious Product. Parents must talk with the ped about immune diseases running in the family. I can start citing immune diseases but it would be better to get the list from the doctor. Children with history of immune diseases in the family are given a different set of shots. Also parents can discuss with the dr the use of blood titers.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think they cause autism. And I think Autism/ADD/AHD/PDD/ODD is over diagnosed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No. Its been proven that they dont. Some people just wont believe the facts. They are entitled to their opinion however wrong it's been proven.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No. Its been proven they do not cause it. My son has Autism and I remember all the hype about it. My mom was even calling me saying I should jump on the bandwagon about it. I never felt it was the cause.

Answer by gemgem at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• There has been only one case in History that had proven the relation between vaccines and Autism. The parents awarded a compensation both had medical background the father is a neurologist and the mother is a nurse. So there is no lawyer in the world that could have proven the parents wrong. Hannah appear with her parents on the news. I don't seem to remember the last name of this autistic child.
    Anonymous

• First let me say I do not vaccinate my children. And the threat of Autism had NOTHING to do with out decision.

Second, I'll answer the question... Do I believe vaccines CAUSE autism? Alone, NO. However I believe (and I've actually heard the director of the CDC say this) there IS a connection. It seems that there must first be a medical predisposition and then the condition must be triggered by some outside chemical exposure.

Third, I want to note that I do not believe the vast majority of Autism cases are in fact Autism. Many children show signs of Autism after vaccines, but many of them are in fact dealing with Heavy Metal Poisoning. Vaccines continue to contain, among other things, Mercury (which causes Autism like symptoms) and Aluminum.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• There a lot of studies that would beg to differ what has or has not been "PROVEN" - I think the drug companies will pay any amount of money to disprove anything that benefits them. I think in CERTAIN children who are genetically predisposed, vaccines CAN flick a switch that may not otherwise be flicked. My God son is autistic so I only know from MY personal experience.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011