Do you wonder where your tax money really goes?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/taxreceipt?

CHarlan

Asked by CHarlan at 2:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i was sad to see that only 3% of my income went to veterans what a rip on those who have served. Take care of your country and what do you get in return nothing, but hate for going to war which you have no choice over. Once you enlist and take that oath you are now government property, you do as your told and keep your mouth shut.

And i am confused on what foodstamps has to do with this debate????
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Terrorist, bail outs, unions, pay backs for who ever become president.

What is left over to programs, we don't need. And pennies for the real needy.

Did I get it right? I did not read your www.whitehouse.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• YOU'RE talking to ME about credibility?!?! At least I can formulate a coherent thought!! L. M. A. O!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Gee Lori that's a cute pic but the site no longer exists.

Then perhaps you'd be happier with this one: http://www.wheredidmytaxdollarsgo.com/

Once you get your pie chart, click on an individual section and you'll get even more of a breakdown of what you're spending.  Quite a few people around here would be well served to do the math on their Income Security section - divide your annual SNAP contribution by 276,000,000, and that will tell you how much you've personally paid for the groceries of the mystery woman with the fake nails and 10' tall food stamp card in any given month (average is about $0.00001) .

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh, and JackassWife...why do YOU show us a NON-BIASED site, m'kay?! LOL WhiteHouse.gov....too funny!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Gee Lori that's a cute pic but the site no longer exists. And judging by the "old news" google could pull up about it, it was another one of your FAR right websites. You have no credibility when it comes to realistic numbers, facts and figures. So once again FAIL!

LOL, You have no credibility when it comes to UNDERSTANDING realistic facts and figures.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks NP!!

I LOVE this website/chart!! Of course, I didn't like seeing how much of our taxes went to CERTAIN programs. I just hope the recipients were at least somewhat appreciative.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Or republitard.

Slamming on the disabled? How well do you bowl, by the way?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Bowl. Seriously?

Try looking up. I think something just went over your head.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011