Stay at home moms...whats your schedule like ?

just wondering if my schedule is similar and how do you not get bored??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Bored? I have no time for boredom. I am not sure I remember what boredom feels like. This is my down time right now. Munching on my lunch and reading questions.
    Anonymous

• This weeks different lol. Its prom week so I have my regular daily stuff (clean, cook, errands, etc) plus getting all the things ready for my son for prom. I had to get the tux picked up yesterday, flowers today, schedule the photographer etc.

Normally though I wake up, get the kids off to school, drink some coffee, piddle online, clean, take something out to defrost for dinner, walk the dogs, do some laundry (usually start it when I walk to the dogs). After that if I need any errands to run (video store, groceries etc) I do them at that time. I come home, mop, wipe down counters, pick up the kids, come home start dinner, finish laundry, and then its homework, reading, bath time for the kids & bedtime.

Answer by gemgem at 2:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Welll..my schedule starts wit a "C", ends in a "Y" and has a whole lotta "RAZ" in between,LOL
    And nope..I never get bored..how could I with all these wonderfully entertaining and fun children i'm taking care of and raising? :) I love being a stay at home mommy and my kiddos do too :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• PS I am never bored because if I have time to be bored there are plenty of volunteer type jobs at my kids school. I can pop on over there and ask the teachers or admins if they need me for anything, not to mention I forgot to add all the after school sports my kids play.

Answer by gemgem at 2:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have only been at this for 3 weeks but I have yet to get bored.
    7- up and get DS ready for school and on the bus
    8-DD up and breakfasted
    clean the kitchen while she plays
    Fold laundry while she watches a show
    10:45 make lunch
    11 eat lunch then clean up
    12 head out on errands or to the park
    Home by 2 for me to clean pick the house up while DD plays outside or naps
    3 get DS off the bus and make them a snack
    clean up snack reclean the kitchen, pick up some more while they play outside or in their rooms
    4 start dinner and play with the kids in the living room or talk on the phone to my BFF
    6 Eat dinner
    7 snack and quiet time while I clean the kitchen and pack DH lunch for the next day
    7:30 bed the kids
    8 take a shower and relax!
    Fill int he gaps with the talking to the kids, talking on the phone or the internet.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• 6:30-up/dress/emails/computer
    7:00-breakfast
    7:30-10: Chores: laundry, vacuum, dishes, etc (make sure older kids get bath)
    10-11:30/11:45- teach my kids their lessons and help them with school work
    11:30/11:45-school clean up/prepare lunch
    12-12:30 lunch
    12:30-12:45-lunch clean up
    12:45-1:00-read stories to the 3 year old and lay him down for nap
    1:00-3:30- more school lesson w/older children while the 3 year old sleeps (kids get a snack at 3:30)
    3:30-4:00- exercise
    4:00-4:30-grade papers, file, and general clean up
    4:30-5:30 preparing dinner. (kids often will do art projects at the table as I'm preparing dinner)
    5:30-set the table for dinner
    5:45-dinner
    6:30-dinner clean up-dishes, etc.
    7:00- give the 3 year old a bath (he's gnerally out by 7:30)
    8:45 read to the little one and tuck the older kids in bed. (They are almost 9 and 10 and don't like it when I read to them they rather read to th
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Durring the week:5:30 DS crawls in bed with me after DH goes to work and we cuddle for another 1/2hr
    6 quiet time because neither of us are morning people we usually watch a cartoon or he plays quietly and I watch the news
    7 make breakfast
    8 get dressed and he drags out the blocks or puzzels while I clean up the kitchen and dinning room
    9 play time for us. This is where we do some kind of activity together
    10:30 make lunch
    11 eat lunch
    11:30 wind down time, read or movie. I let him pick
    12 nap time
    While he naps I fold laundry and put it away, clean bathroom, and livingroom.Work on some of my furniture ( irefurbish furniture as a hobby) and then I jump on the treadmil and go for a run and hopefully get a shower after.
    2:30 snack time
    3 outside or I drag out the tunnels so he can play if it is raining
    4 or 4:30 start dinner
    5 or 5;30 eat
    6 family time
    7:30 bath time for DS
    8 story and bed f
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• On weekends things are different. I just stick with eatting times and bedtimes. Everything else is loosey goosey.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That's normal day if we are home and have nothing special. On Mondays we are gone all day for our homeschool co-op, Monday nights the kids have scouts. On Wednesday mornings we go to the library for story hour for the little one. We also may have other field trips or activities plan through out the week. I do my best to keep those for after 2:00 pm. That may mean cutting the little ones nap short, but if that happens then I just put him to bed early that night. Today is an abnormal day for us. It's our daughter's b-day and we are having a b-day party for her today.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011