Rogaine Shot?

Going to get my Rogaine shot soon because I am RH Negative. What exactly does the rogaine shot do?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 2:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im RH negative also..it puts "anitbodies" in the blood that will protect you and baby if your guys' blood mixes..because since your RH- and if baby is positive, then if the two different blood types mix it can cause complications like anemia and some other not so nice things...and if you ever have any spotting/or bleeding you have to get the shot again..dont worry tho, as long as you get the shot everything will be fine..you can look it up on google if you want more info on it..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• oh, and its call Rhogam..just in case for future misunderstandings :)
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• lol I left to get my shot right after I posted this, and when I heard the doctor call it rhogam I felt really stupid for putting rogaine on here haha. Well I had history of low Iron before I was pregnant, but not to the extent of my doctor telling me I was anemic. Now my obgyn is telling me that i have low iron and need to get a blood test done for iron because I probably need iron pills because I am ALWAYS tired and look very pale and no matter how much sleep i get I never feel like I have slept at all. But now you just told me that if the bloods mix then that can cause anemia, now Im a little worried lol
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2011