Gone into labor without having decided on a name?

Has anyone gone into labor, gone to the hospital, given birth... without knowing what you're going to name the child?

With my first born, my husband and I decided on Lucas over a month before he was born. We have been trying so hard with this second one (I'm 37 weeks) and a couple weeks ago decided on "Vincent" but the more time that goes on the less I'm liking that name... I still like it, but I'm not so sure I want to name my child that (it's a boy btw).

Are there lots of other moms in the same situation? Picking a name is such a hard thing to do!!

enohp04

Asked by enohp04 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• I thought we would but we finally settles on names! Carl Padaric for my DS and Quinn Cameron for my DD. You will find something!! Even if it isn't until you see his face.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My SIL thought she had more time to pick a name, but she started bleeding and had to have an emergency c-section a month before her due date so she picked Kylie Addison off of a list that my older niece had given her to look at.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My friend has named both her babies in the hospital. One she had decided on Caroline and after dd was born she didnt like it. She waited until the next day to name the baby. The second was a boy but she didnt find out the sex. They had thought about a few names but she didnt name him until they saw him either.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My oldest DD (passed away) I was positive on what I was going to name her from the moment I found out she was a girl all the way up until the moment I held her in my arms...when I changed my mind lol....her dad came from wherever and asked how Kiari was doing...I said "oh she's fine but her name is Nina" lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know the names I wanted for my girls right away. But never got to use my boys name I had choosen and that was going to be nicklous riley. You will find the name once you hold that baby in your arms it will just come to you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• When I had my oldest son we had no idea what his name would be. We didnt know if he was even a boy lol. We thought he might be a girl, so we had girl names chosen. My son didnt have a name until bout an hour before we left the hospital.

Answer by gemgem at 3:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, I've never been in a situation like that! Thankfully, I can imagine how stressful it is. Baby naming isn't easy! Luckily I knew what I wanted my daughter's name to be since I was in high school. I was lucky enough to marry a man that loved the name, Scarlett Abigail, as much as I do! We did have issues picking out a boy's name just in case she ended up being a boy, but we had it picked out before I was 36 weeks pregnant, which was when I gave birth due to pre-e,
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• And we aren't even pregnant or TTC our second child yet, but we already know what his or her name will be. They're family names of my deceased mother in-law, father in-law and grandpa.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my first wasn't named until her first night when we had some time alone to discuss it. number two didn't get a name for two or three days poor thing
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 4:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• With my first two, we had a couple names picked out but were waiting to see the baby before we really could be decided on what fit. With my first, she was born and we both just knew which name she should have. With my second, I actually decided in the OR right before they cut me open. With our third, we knew what his name would be around the halfway mark. Now, pregnant with the fourth, and we are not even close to having a name.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011