When do you give time-outs?

When does something your kiddie does qualify as a punishable offense? Give me some examples of something he/she has done that has resulted in a time out...and where is your "time out spot"?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I always give a warning for minor offenses for example "If you talk back to me again you are getting a time out". However there are certain things where my son immediately gets a time out, hitting, spitting... that sort of thing.
    Our spot is at the corner of the hall where he is cut off from what is going on in the rest of the household.
    I also use the supernanny technique of one minute of time out per year of age and then we discuss what happened after the time out is over with, he must apologize, ending with a "i love you" and hug and kiss.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Hmm...DD threw a glass of milk in her older brother's face. Six minutes in the Time Out Chair for her.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2011