Similac question

hey. My little one is 6 weeks old now and has bad colic and spits up a lot. I've had her on a different formula for sensitive tummy and did not really help that much. Today I got her similac hypoallergenic,lactose free. Haven't tried it yet,but I was just wondering if you used it and did it help with any problems? Did your baby cry less? Was he more calmer? How did you notice any differences? I know one thing,that this formula is very expensive,so if it does work for us,i will have to stick to it. The price is just crazy.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I could help you, but my babies are 9 and 10 y/o however my sisters 1 m/o is doing the exact same thing as your little one and I'm curious to see if it helps. I'll bump ya so maybe someone can help. Oh and if it does help maybe getting on WIC to help with the cost. Most of the time a doctor can prescribe a certain formula and WIC will cover it. It's worth a shot. Good luck and God bless.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• all of my babies were colicky on Similac, I ended up putting them on isomil which is Similac's soy based formula. It's easier on their little bellies. I'm not familar with the hypoallergenic stuff so I can't help you there. Sure hope you find something soon that helps, a colicky baby makes for a miserable mommy and baby. The isomil was the same price as the Similac and made a world of difference with my babies (all 3 of them). GL
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• What kind of bottles do you use? Try a bottle like Dr.Browns or Playtex Vent-aire. This helped my son.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i do use Dr.Browns bottles.
    crouse3

Comment by crouse3 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• didnt work for me the only thing that help was gas drops and a ride in the car,,,we got pulled over so many times at 1 and 3 in the moring trying to get my son to stop crying after about 5 times getting pulled over the cops new us by name and would stop just to see the baby lol
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If your referring to the Similac Alimentum in the purple can, yes I used it with my son and his colicky symptoms did cease ALOT! The only problem is the smell and taste are HORRIBLE so it took a while to get him used to taking it over the Similac Advance
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• well i had that problem with all my kids but one and i used nutramigen its for lactose intolerance and it helped alot no more puking screaming just happier healthier babies and if you qualify for wic they will change it with doc note for you
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2011