Is a basket full mostly dollar items and a few other *cheap* items all put together a tacky birthday gift?

I purchased some dollar items from Target and some other inexpensive items and arranged them in a basket for a birthday gift for a 3 year old little girl. And I was wondering if you would consider that a techie gifts tacky gift ? I still spent the same amount as if I had bought a toy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• NO! A 3 yr old can't tell the difference between "cheap" and expensive as hell lol.....all they see is "OOH TOYS" I think you'll be just fine mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• nope i think its a GREAT idea do you see the way kids light up when you take them to the dollar tree.. THEY LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope, not at all.
    One of my favorite gifts right now for my 6 year old parties, is to get a gift bag at the dollar store and fill it with cheap makeup and nail polish items. It goes over well.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• She will be excited with all the things. We have a "auntie" type that always shops at the dollar store and she brings a huge bag of about 10 or 15 items. It is a big hit with the kids.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I see nothing with it. A probley a more variety of item than just a toy. Should enjoy it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks everyone I was worried about it! but you made me feel better.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• thats what i am going to do with ds easter basket! he'll break them all in a few weeks anyways lol he's 3 also.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• thats a good idea. At that age I am sure she will love it!!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That's what I get my own kids for their birthdays. That's what my 5yo got from her friend for her birthday. Same thing for my 8yo (from the same family). They were thrilled. They weren't expecting anything and were so excited.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011