Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Visit help Please!!! leave in a few hrs... adult content

Long story short.... me, hubby,step dd, and both g'parents r heading to TN for 9 days. I have a 4 & 6 yr old that live there with their father.. (this being the long story short) Basically he struck first and took the kids all the while I have NO car- HE totalled it< No job < he was sticking his dippy in co workers and lying. and the judge considered me of having the luxury of being a sahm. YEP SURE DID!!! anyways

I have tried to see the 4 times..and every attempt is shot down.. between OUR ATTORNEYS screwing around till the day of * need time for plane ticket. THIS TIME WE R GOING AND FOR A MONTH they knew this.... HE disconnected house phone 2 mos. and changed his cell!!!!

* WHO CAN I CALL AT THE COURT HOUSE???*** my attorney should be looking out for me and the kids, not pass this off for THEM to dictate shit.

Answer Question

Asked by kkbird at 2:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

Level 17 (3,887 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • time for a new lawyer!

    Answer by DLCarter2011 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • You need a new attorney my friend!!

    Answer by Dahis at 3:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • Thats for sure ladies. Well once this CRAP is signed. and he's paid off (attorney). SO I AM TOLD. which is why they are ready to "drop this long term case" b/c I dont agree to pay 7-900 and his outback spendings on Fridays, with INSURANCE PROVIDED for the kids for him to KEEP ME from them, continuing his belt spankings, allowing a 4 yr old to play out in the parking lot with out him present... recordings of this) YET MY ATTORNEY HAS DONE NOTHING BUT SEND b/s letters threatening contempt to his attorney... that was in MARCH.

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • I don't know the laws of your state, but where I live, neither parent is allowed to keep the children from the other. They both share equal rights to the child(ren) until a court order states otherwise. If he won't allow you to see them, contact the local authorities and ask if there is anything they can do. Let them know that you are in the process of getting the court order, and he is not allowing you to see your children, and ask if they can help enforce your rights.

    Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • Thanks ME... I did and they said that they could assist me going over there to visit, but until something was signed off on they wouldnt be able to enforce the over night stays with us while we are there

    But I do feel like they need to know that I am there, I do love them, and miss them very much.... and I will fight this ASS till I have them back in my arms. ( but also dont want to upset them b/c we are all there and HE wont let them spend anytime with us)

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • I don't think I would wait, I'd look into getting a new lawyer NOW. Go talk with one now, and see if you can hire one now. If this one is not doing his job, you may get out of paying him. Ya know? At least get more info from a good lawyer. Your kids safety is at stake here.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • Thanks Raine. Thats what has gotten me sooooo baffled. Since He had taken the kids and moved an hr and a half away, leaving me with bills due ( all were in my name) no job for 13 mos of living there, no car... & ( no bodu hiring with in walking distance in winter) I HAD to move... out of state.

    It is harder to TRUST any Lawyer in this town........ I am realizing this now. its such a small area,

    Comment by kkbird (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.