I have a wonderfull little baby girl who is teething ALOT at one time and is having a hard time sleeping for more than an hour at a time. any sugestions other than the normal teething tablets and such.

need teething of multiple teeth ideas

jomom2

Asked by jomom2 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel for you, my daughter had the same problem. Her doctor suggested we use tylenol/motrin, even though I made it clear that I did not feel comfortable giving her them every night. However, when she wasn't sleeping at all, I caved. We gave her either tylenol or motrin every night before bed. And sometimes as the doctor suggested, we gave her tylenol, then motrin on the same night if she woke up in the middle of the night. Again, not my first choice, but my little girl had 5 teeth coming in all at the same time. Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• baby oragel. My dd loves frozen fruit. There are these things...sorry I don't know their name. They are like nets that you can put food and frozen food in. The baby can knaw on it and it last a long time. I couldn't have survived multiple teeth without them.
    I found this link from BabiesRUs.com
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2738035

Good luck!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Go to the drug stores and ask around until you find something called Gentine Violet. Sorry, the spelling looks wrong but you should be able to pronounce it right. It is in a small bottle. Take a Q-tip and rub this on her gums. It numbs the gums and is safe for baby. Warning: The stuff is purple and will stain everything it comes in contact with including her. But it does fade away in a few days on her skin and gums. It works great and an old remedy for teething babies. It was used on my grandmother clean up through my kids.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 3:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My daughter got 10 teeth in, in the matter of two months. I know you said other that teething tablets but... I did 2 to 3 teething tables, warm milk and I would also give her .05 of children s Tylenol after about 30 of giving her the teething tablets... her doctor even said rubbing a dab of vinegar on her gums would help but i never had to do that
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 8:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008