Big baby worries!!

I had my last ultrasound on Monday (I was 34 wks/ 4days) and she weighed in at 6 and 1/2 lbs. I was wondering if anyone else's LO was this big at 34 wks and if they made it to their due date. I'm not due until May 19th and I worry that I wont make it.

a_blair

Asked by a_blair at 2:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh, my babies always measured alot bigger than they should have, and, against the advice of my stomach skin, they were happy to stay in there the whole time! :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• When I was at 33 wks DS weighed an estamated 7.3 lbs by then. I had him 3 wks later and he was 8.2 lbs. It's just an estamation so do worry to much. Also the baby could be longer so the weight will even it's self out.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Keep in mind that it's just an estimation. I got induced at 38 weeks because they were afraid of how big she was going to be. They predicted over 9 lbs. She came out at 7lb5oz and went immediately to the NICU for suck, swallow, breathing problems. She wasn't done cooking yet.

Unless they are saying over 11 lbs, I wouldn't even consider it again. Even then, there are women who have them without induction and go past their due date.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think they are usually way off when they tell you the weight. At least they were with me. Don't worry about it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Don't worry at all. More often than not, your body will not produce a child that you cannot birth. until baby is born and weighed, you CANNOT accurately pinpoint their size. And I have known moms that went to 43 weeks and a couple days based on EDD and their babies weren't huge. I have known more women that got induced or had c-section due to suspected macrosomia and had tiny babies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thank you all so much. I have gestational diabetes and have had trouble getting my sugar under control.
    a_blair

Comment by a_blair (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2011